The Jewish tradition is a fascinating culture. You can easily identify a Jewish by the easily identifiable clothing like the kippah. Kippah, as we know, is a head covering that can be made of several materials. It is one of the most important symbols of the Jewish tradition and needs to be worn at all occasions. One can get kippahs in many materials, but there are some which strike a chord like no other. One such material is the raw silk and raw silk kippahs are one of the finest things to pass on as an heirloom.
Here are 5 benefits of raw silk kippahs that make them a great choice irrespective of the wearer.
- Versatile: Raw silk kippahs are one of the most versatile ones. You can pair it up with any other dress and still rock the look.
- Natural: Unlike other materials, raw silk is completely natural. Raw silk kippahs will be helpful if you have a sensitive skin. It is hypoallergenic in nature which is why it won’t do any harm to the sensitive skin.
- Breathable: Its breathable nature will keep your head cool on hot days. Putting on the kippah for the maximum amount of time can be an irritating experience in hot summer days. Raw silk kippahs would turn out to be helpful in such a time.
- Durable: Silk is one of the most durable fabrics found in nature. It has the property to naturally repel mold and mildew. Moreover, it is lightweight and soft and that makes it last long. This is the reason, it is preferred in heirloom or legacy pieces. The fabric is naturally elastic as well.
- Luster: Silk has smooth threads that give it a natural shine. This shine makes the piece of clothing aesthetically pleasing.
These are the 5 major benefits of using raw silk kippahs. Now that you know them, you can get one for yourself. Raw silk kippahs are easy to take care and remain the same for many years. You can get a subtle yet shiny kippah to be passed on in your family as a legacy.